“It is not only the most difficult thing to know oneself, but the most inconvenient one, too.” – H.W. Shaw
Something I’ve come to discover in life is that it’s very important to know yourself.
Whether it’s being able to pick up on your weaknesses, strengths, when you’re about to crack or simply on a high in life, it all impacts your day and quality of living.
These past few weeks have been really stressful with completing study, assignments, and a few other bits and pieces that pop up along the way. So today, I decided to take a chill pill and spoil myself a little.
// My day:
– green smoothie for breakfast: addicted to these lately
– shopping: I’m usually super strict with money, especially when it comes to spending it on myself, but today I splurged a little
– coffee & writing: went to one of my favourite coffee places and chilled, while people-watching, and putting pen to paper
– flowers: purchased some adorable baby breath flowers for myself (in the image above)
– played pop music in the car: I don’t care what people think, I love pop music. Blasting the radio in the car while taking the long way home? Priceless.
Sometimes the best gift you can give yourself is one of no pressure. Buy some flowers, smell the roses, have a coffee and simply breathe. You don’t need to take the whole day off, just find half an hour to unwind. It does wonders, truly.
(But seriously, buy yourself some flowers; it can make all the difference to your day. Celebrate and appreciate the little things in life).
How do you spoil yourself?